Thursday, March 5, 2009

Teacher Panel

I thought I would write a blog in order to reflect on the experience because there were a lot of interesting things said. To begin with, I thought it was kind of unfortunate that all three of the teachers on the panel taught at the Elementary level, and were all from Decorah originally. Obviously this doesn't mean that they didn't have valid and important things to talk about, but I would have liked a little more of a diverse group in order to see if their experiences and philosophical views would match up. For the most part I felt like the 3 teachers were in accordance on a lot of topics. I thought it was really cool to hear about their lives now as opposed to when they were still college students. I also felt inspired to maybe look into teaching abroad, seeing as I enjoy traveling and different cultures as much as I do. I also thought their collective advise on paying extreme attention to classroom management practices was helpful. I wish there would have been a new music teacher to talk to just because I feel like that would have peaked my interest personally because that's the role I'll be in myself in just few short years.

No comments:

Post a Comment