Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Ed Psych iMovie Project

For the Ed Psych iMovie Project my group and I read the book "The Freedom Writers Diary" by Erin Gruwell and her students. The story is very moving because it deals with many different social and racial issues, and how people eventually learned to overcome those issues. I have always been a big fan of the movie, so I was very interested in reading the actual book that the movie was based on. My main topic of this bolg however, is the project itself. I had never made an iMovie before, and thankfully there were members of my group that were familiar with the software. Also, the whole video camera situation was less than ideal because all of the internal hard drive cameras seemed to be perpetually checked out which meant that we had to use a camera with a tape, and have the help desk put it on a computer for us. All of that aside, I do feel like the project had some good elements. We had to find times that worked for every group member to meet (which isn't easy, let me tell you), which I think is a really good thing to experience becasue as teachers I feel we need to learn how to be flexible because there will be times where we'll need to sacrifice wants over needs. Also, the whole collaborative aspect was fun because we each had a say in what was going on, and it was fun to see an idea of yours become reality. My group was striving for originality (and humor as well at times). At the end of our video (which we didn't get to present in class), we showed how exactly we were tying everything together, and really get to "the point" of our movie.

Here's a link to our video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS3nv568TJc

No comments:

Post a Comment